Problems with version 7.1, could they be fixed in 7.2?

From: "Ligia Pimentel" <pimentel_ligia(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with version 7.1, could they be fixed in 7.2?
Date: 2002-08-26 23:54:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

I've been having problems with a database in postgres 7.1, this database
worked just fine for about 6 months, but it is a fast growing database (a
lot of records inserted every day, almost none deleted).

The problem is that the database started corrupting indexes, and tables
(even system tables, like pg_class). I posted my questions previously with
the specific messages, but sadly I got no reply :(...

I recovered a backup and installed it on another computer to verify that it
was not a hardware problem, but I kept having crashes every week.

Last week I decided to install a new computer with postgres 7.2 and I loaded
the database on this version. So far, no problem...

I would like to know if I could expect this problems to be fixed, because I
read on the documentation that version 7.2 was optimized for large
databases, or should I check something else.

Thank you.

Ligia