Are you a PostgreSQL DBA who is looking for a challenge working with a
high-transaction volume database? Would you enjoy trying to squeeze the
most performance out of large scale servers while spending some time working
on projects that directly benefit the PostgreSQL community? If so, read on.
Founded in 2005, myYearbook.com is one of the Internet's fastest growing
social networking destinations for teenagers. We're a young, stable and
growing company with an already established development team and are
currently looking for a PostgreSQL DBA to join our existing DBA team.
The position is full-time, on-site in New Hope, PA.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits
- Contributing to PostgreSQL as part of the job description
- Flexible, fun working environment
- Great location
- Much more
- Maintain existing cluster of PostgreSQL servers
- Plan future cluster expansion
- Optimize existing schema
- Fully document database environment including configuration and
- Work with developers to rework existing schema and plan new schema
- Deploy new technologies such as plproxy and pgmemcache
- Contribute to PostgreSQL by developing applications and patches
which directly benefit myYearbookand the community.
- Work with CTO to ensure future database scalability
- Strong PostgreSQL background
- PostgreSQL internals and hacking experience a plus
- Expertise in data normalization, relational database design and ORM
- Working knowledge of plpgsql
- Experience with plproxy a plus
- Previous activity in the PostgreSQL community a big plus
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- we can not sponsor visas.
Salary Range: $60,000-$120,000
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Christian Bloom||Date: 2008-02-20 01:03:39|
|Subject: PostgreSQL DBA San Francisco - full-time employee|
|Previous:||From: carolyn||Date: 2008-02-07 22:13:41|
|Subject: ETL / Database conversion Specialist - 3-6+ month Contract - Chicago|