XA Status

From: "Stefan Arentz" <stefan(dot)arentz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: XA Status
Date: 2006-06-13 14:03:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi there,

I'm interested in leaning the status of XA support in the JDBC driver.
The FAQ says this:

1.1. Does the driver have XA support?

Yes, starting with the 8.1dev-403 driver XADataSource support
is available. It is not complete in that it does not support transaction
interleaving.

But I have of course no idea what transaction interleaving is and
whether that would affect my application.

I basically just want to coordinate transactions either between two
seperate databases or between a database and a XA capable JMS
provider.

Will I get in trouble if I use the current driver for those situations?

S.