Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site
Date: 2009-11-12 11:05:02
Lists: pgeu-general

Ciao,

2009/11/12 Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>:
> My view is that that is impractical, and that we should use a full
> service site for our online merchandise, and keep the special/custom
> stuff for sale at conferences etc. It's not perfect, but it seems like
> a good compromise to me.

I agree with you Dave, completely. Let's not forget we do volunteering
here. The logistics aspect of this requires time. We must rely on a
professional partner for this, and possibly get a commission from
every sale (I expect that a percentage of their sells would go back to
the community - at least when a few years ago I asked ThinkGeek that's
what they were doing).

And yes, we should continue with bulk buying for our conferences as it
is an important source of incomes and helps the group sustainability.

Ciao,
Gabriele