Re: getting support for developers

From: "Gabriele Bartolini" <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Oleg Bartunov" <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: getting support for developers
Date: 2008-03-11 11:50:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Ciao Magnus,

Yes. But I think the rules are reasonably similar across europe these days
> - though of course not identical. I can only speak from the perspective of
> the Swedish rules, which I know.

In any case, we can't do this. We need professional advice and an accountant
(or accounting firm) that follows PGEU activity from a financial and fiscal
point of view. If you remember, when we (Italians) proposed the European
association to be based in Italy, we provided a list of expenses which
included full support (all year) by professional accountants.

I assume PGEU will gather a sensible amount of money when sponsorships will
be handled, and in that case I strongly suggest we get a professional
accountant (maybe JPA will be more precise - in any case we could move this
discussion on our list).

But as you say, we'd need professional advice before we say what we *can*
> do. I'm just saying it may be a lot less easy than it seems.

Exactly. I guess it is no point of us going any further on this, as we need
skilled professionals for this sort of activity.

I'll just snip the other ideas which are good, but which reallyi is
> something for the future :-)

Yes, I agree. :)

Insane ideas. Which very often come up on my mind. :) - If you only knew
what I am thinking for the next PGDay ... :P

Ciao,
Gabriele