Re: Announcing PostgreSQL Europe

From: "Gabriele Bartolini" <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Enrico Pirozzi" <sscotty71(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Announcing PostgreSQL Europe
Date: 2008-02-28 11:55:29
Lists: pgeu-general
Ciao,

We can announce it on the italian web site www.psql.it, but we need a
> link to inform the italian community where they can found any
> informations about postgresql-eu because right now doesn't exist an
> european postgresql website.

I agree. We need a website first, before we make the announcement, IMHO.

We should avoid giving a bad "first impression" to users. We could make, for
instance, an announcement about the formal constitution of the group. We can
let users know that the group is getting organised and that soon will
provide the community with a website and useful information. For the moment,
our only active point is the mailing list and the IRC channel.

Therefore, I would avoid "wasting" the usefulness of the announcement if we
do not have the infrastructure yet (which is getting organised). I guess it
is just a matter of waiting for a few weeks more.

Thank you.

Ciao,
Gabriele