Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap

From: "Gabriele Bartolini" <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: "damien clochard" <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Europe statutes : recap
Date: 2008-01-21 15:59:32
Lists: pgeu-general

Ciao,

> 1- Membership fee ?
> > a : Keep the statutes as they are
> > b : No membership fee for people
> > c : Optional membership fee for people
>
> Does this need to be in the statues at all? If we can keep it out of the
> statues, that'll make it a lot easier to change it if need be.

Not the fee. That'd be a nightmare. But I guess we have to write in the
statute that there is a membership fee that needs to be paid.

> 2- Membership ?
> > a : Keep the statutes as they are
> > b : Automatic membership for users of local groups
> > c : Optional membership for users of local groups
>
> This I think needs to be in the statues.

Yep. I am for option B where applicable.

> 5- Companies : sponsors or members ?
> > a : Keep the statutes as they are
> > b : Companies are sponsors
>
> If #1 can be kept outside the statues, so can this one.

I believe this cannot be left out. I am for 'b'. Companies are not members.
Only individuals are members.

The way I see it, getting the stuff that needs to be in the statues done
> quickly is the most important part. The less we can "lock up" in the
> statues, the easier it will be for us to adapt to what the member wants
> over time.

I agree. But some stuff needs to be clear and solid since the beginning.
Thanks guys.

Ciao,
Gabriele