character encoding problem with delphi

From: pakis5253001(at)yahoo(dot)ca (PavelK)
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: character encoding problem with delphi
Date: 2004-10-20 23:07:24
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

I have a problem using latin2 in postgresql 8 (beta2) with Delphi,
with settings client_encoding = server_encoding = latin2 for database

there is no way I could post special characters
to database, i try with BDE ,dbexpress, delphi 5 & 7 and
usualy receive: ignoring unconvertible UTF-8 character xxxxxx
 or message that characters greater than 0x1000 are not suported in unicode

-with pgadmin i can post special characters to database as with Zeos library

- also try to set client_encoding to latin2 & unicode in connection settings
  for psqlodbc (latest), doesn't help

- plus try with other database with unicode encoding ...nothing

So, what else i could try

  I am desperate about these: HEEEELP anyone

Thanks in advance

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Chris White (cjwhite)Date: 2004-10-20 23:09:08