Re: PGSQL and Javascript

From: Allan Kamau <kamauallan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Reg Me Please <regmeplease(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGSQL and Javascript
Date: 2009-01-30 11:53:05
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-interfaces

May be Javascript + JDBC not sure.

But the question is why would you want to do so?
Javascript can be read easily by the user having the javascript
running on their browser. JDBC or any other database connecting client
will want to some how authenticate the user in most cases the
username, password and maybe remote IP is used. This mean that your
javascript will probably contain username and password in order to use
JDBC to connect to the DB, is this favourable?

Allan.