Updating postgres 7.4.5 to 8 via cygwin

From: "Nick Texidor" <nick(at)texidor(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Updating postgres 7.4.5 to 8 via cygwin
Date: 2008-06-29 08:13:12
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hi,

I was wondering whether someone can help me.   I already have postgres 7.4.5
running under cygwin on my web server, and I've looked into installing the
native version of 8, but it looks like there is a bit of dumping/importing
of database to be done.   I noticed that postgres 8 is available under
cygwin, and it came up as an update.  If I install it through cygwin, is
there any messing around with databases to be done?  Is that an easier
option than installing the native version and moving from a cygwin version?

Thank you

Nick

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: Reini UrbanDate: 2008-06-29 09:55:21