Re: Dropping wrong object

From: Cheetah <fastcat(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dropping wrong object
Date: 2005-01-28 15:10:05
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:45:02 +0000, Andreas Pflug
<pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de> wrote:
> I hate search_path....

Well, on average it's been quite useful for me, but that's neither
here nor there.

> I think we should add an option to suppress the public. prefix if
> desired. This may be on by default if no $user (or other schema
> preceding public in search_path) exists.
> It's in BUGS.txt now.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding something, but it seems that the
solution is to *always* put in the schema prefix, unless the server is
an old enough version that it doesn't support schema. The suppression
of the public. prefix is what's causing the problem I experienced.

--
-- Cheetah