Re: Install XML on Postgres 8.1

From: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Alexander B(dot)" <burbello3000(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Install XML on Postgres 8.1
Date: 2007-01-24 06:33:34
Lists: pgsql-admin
On 1/22/07, Alexander B. <burbello3000(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br> wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to install XML on Postgres 8.1.
> What's the simples steps that I can follow?
> I found on the internet, but there are many versions, packages and ways
> to install.
> What's the right way to install?
>
> Can we compare the same powerful like Oracle has on Xml?

Dear Alexander,

After reading the thread and related resources it looks like xml
support in pgsql may undergo major changes.

hence i suggest that you  abstract the usage of pgsql for xml . so that it
is easy for you to change your app when the xml apis to pgsql changes.
this is easily accomplised by using your own functions that wrap the call
to contrib/xml2 functions. hope you get the point.

regds
mallah.