Re: How to get to command line prompt

From: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Philippe Salama" <karebacnyc(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to get to command line prompt
Date: 2006-12-08 18:14:54
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

Go to Start->run ->  type cmd  <press enter>

say you get the c: prompt then type

C:\blah\blah> psql -U postgres template1

above assumes psql is in PATH. if it succeeds
you shall get a psql prompt.

once you get the prompt , follow the instructions in text book
to create new database , users etc.

regds
mallah.