Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.

From: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah" <mallah(dot)rajesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: andy(dot)shellam(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: Setting up of PITR system.
Date: 2006-03-28 16:27:05
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the reply,

is it reasonable/advisable to start with the output of
pg_stop_backup() in a shell script to find the WAL
file being discussed, ie the FILE which can be used
as a reference for removing the older files ?

secondly , i was asking about the tool for copying the
database directory not the one for archiving the logs.
when i use tar , it gives warning that the file changed
while it was reading the file, i need a tool that does not
give warning for this kind of activity.

Regds
Rajesh Kumar Mallah.