Re: pgbench Comparison of 7.4.7 to 8.0.2

From: Thomas F(dot)O'Connell <tfo(at)sitening(dot)com>
To: Steve Poe <spoe(at)sfnet(dot)cc>
Cc: PgSQL - Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench Comparison of 7.4.7 to 8.0.2
Date: 2005-04-24 02:33:00
Lists: pgsql-performance
Steve,

Per your and Tom's recommendations, I significantly increased the
number of transactions used for testing. See my last post.

The database will have pretty heavy mixed use, i.e., both reads and
writes.

I performed 32 iterations per scenario this go-round.

I'll look into OSDB for further benchmarking. Thanks for the tip.

Since pgbench is part of the postgres distribution and I had it at hand
and it seems to be somewhat widely referenced, I figured I go ahead and
post preliminary results from it.

-tfo

--
Thomas F. O'Connell