Re: Documenting pglesslog

From: "Koichi Suzuki" <koichi(dot)szk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documenting pglesslog
Date: 2009-01-13 04:21:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I have no intention to make pglesslog to conflict to PostgreSQL
license. Any advice is welcome to make pglesslog available without
any license concern.

I've a question and ideas.

Bruce's modification directly points to my pgfoundry page. I'm not
sure what it means. Does it mean that I have to maintain the page for
a while? If pglesslog helps for future releases, can it be a part of
PostgreSQL release, as contrib module so that all the documentation in
pgfoundry (although very simple) is included in the release material?

As many hackers know, I've posted another code to speedup PITR after
slipping FPW, which does work with 8.3 as external module
(pg_readahead). I'm now working to work this with synchronous
replication. Maybe it's a good idea to use pglesslog with
pg_readahead. Although I'm not sure if pg_readahead integration
with synchronous replication will be done within 8.4 development
period, I'm quite ready to post pg_readahead for 8.4 sililar to that
for 8.3, which also could be in contrib module.

Looking forward to inputs.