Re: Schema migration tools?

From: "Kerri Reno" <kreno(at)yumaed(dot)org>
To: Christophe <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Schema migration tools?
Date: 2008-04-22 12:44:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Christophe -

We use LiquiBase: http://www.liquibase.org/home

We don't use it quite the same as what you're proposing, but I think you
could use it that way. When we found it, we did 'Generate Changelog' to
start, then made new changes to the ChangeLog, and applied it to each
database as needed. It has really helped us, because we were forgetting to
apply the changes to the production database that were needed.

Hope this helps!
Kerri