Client Authentication

From: "Gtrica" <gtricarico(at)intin(dot)it>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Client Authentication
Date: 2002-02-22 10:19:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all

I'm trying to configure Postgress to allow restricted access to database.
I inserted in the file pg_hba.conf the following line:
local primo
password ./pass

the file pass in directory "data" contains the line "giuseppe:gitrica"
when I connect using "psql primo giuseppe" I'm asked to insert the password
but it tells
"Password authentication failed for user 'giuseppe' "

Giuseppe