Re: Syncronizing Databases at different Remote Location

From: ABBAS SHAKEEL <shakeel(dot)abbas(dot)qau(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: sandeep kumar <s_kumar66(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Syncronizing Databases at different Remote Location
Date: 2009-11-05 10:45:36
Lists: pgsql-admin
Sandeep I have worked on it (symmetricDS) and facing the following problem
what i have done is

1. extracted the zip file in a folder
2. created a sample database on two systems.

but when i try to execute under mentionded command i get exception.   As
Exception is self explanatory I did as it says. I added the custom varaible
classes in postgresql in postgresql.conf file but still get the same
exception.

I have restarted the postgresql service (as well as system). Still no use.
Please help how to use it

*./sym -p root.properties --auto-create*
2009-11-05 15:50:12,979 INFO
 [org.jumpmind.symmetric.service.impl.BootstrapService] [main] Initializing
SymmetricDS database.
2009-11-05 15:50:12,991 ERROR
[org.jumpmind.symmetric.db.postgresql.PostgreSqlDbDialect] [main] Please add
"custom_variable_classes = 'symmetric'" to your postgresql.conf file
  An exception occurred.  Please see the following for details:
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: unrecognized configuration
parameter "symmetric.triggers_disabled"
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1548)
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1316)
        at
org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:191)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:452)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:337)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:236)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingStatement.java:205)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate$1QueryStatementCallback.doInStatement(JdbcTemplate.java:443)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:396)
 [wrapped] org.springframework.jdbc.BadSqlGrammarException:
StatementCallback; bad SQL grammar [select
set_config('symmetric.triggers_disabled', '', false)]; nested exception is
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: unrecognized configuration
parameter "symmetric.triggers_disabled"
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.doTranslate(SQLStateSQLExceptionTranslator.java:97)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:72)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:80)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.support.AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.translate(AbstractFallbackSQLExceptionTranslator.java:80)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.execute(JdbcTemplate.java:407)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:458)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.query(JdbcTemplate.java:466)
        at
org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate.queryForList(JdbcTemplate.java:497)
        at
org.jumpmind.symmetric.db.postgresql.PostgreSqlDbDialect$1.doInTransactionWithoutResult(PostgreSqlDbDialect.java:118)
        at
org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionCallbackWithoutResult.doInTransaction(TransactionCallbackWithoutResult.java:33)
        at
org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionTemplate.execute(TransactionTemplate.java:128)
        at
org.jumpmind.symmetric.db.postgresql.PostgreSqlDbDialect.enableSyncTriggers(PostgreSqlDbDialect.java:115)
        at
org.jumpmind.symmetric.db.postgresql.PostgreSqlDbDialect.initForSpecificDialect(PostgreSqlDbDialect.java:60)
 [wrapped] java.lang.RuntimeException: Missing custom variable class
'symmetric'
        at
org.jumpmind.symmetric.db.postgresql.PostgreSqlDbDialect.initForSpecificDialect(PostgreSqlDbDialect.java:63)
        at
org.jumpmind.symmetric.db.AbstractDbDialect.initSupportDb(AbstractDbDialect.java:196)
        at
org.jumpmind.symmetric.service.impl.BootstrapService.autoConfigDatabase(BootstrapService.java:107)
        at
org.jumpmind.symmetric.service.impl.BootstrapService.setupDatabase(BootstrapService.java:131)
        at
org.jumpmind.symmetric.SymmetricLauncher.autoCreateDatabase(SymmetricLauncher.java:489)
        at
org.jumpmind.symmetric.SymmetricLauncher.main(SymmetricLauncher.java:213)
-

--
Best Regards
Shakeel Abbas