Re: [GENERAL] Shared Objects (Dynamic loading)

From: "Jasbinder Bali" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Michael Fuhr" <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Shared Objects (Dynamic loading)
Date: 2006-08-29 04:44:21
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

Well, I'm using C because later on i'll have to do socket programing for the
same project (opening a socket between postgresql database and unix server,
though am not sure at all how I'm or any1 else is goin to do it) and thats
something i'll do in C. So to keep things pretty straight and stick to one
single programing language due to other factors, I have no choice but to use
C. Thats one of the design decisions taken for our project.

Now, for version 1 code, i think i'll have to write it in pgc code. right?
And using version 1 conventions only i'll be able to pass and read right
values back and forth from DB to shared object. right?

Thanks,
~Jas