Re: Need for "Getting Started" Tutorial

From: Federico <rotellaro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need for "Getting Started" Tutorial
Date: 2007-05-02 13:23:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On 5/2/07, Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I share the same feeling. One of the misconceptions with PostgreSQL is
> that it is a very hard-to-install product, not user-friendly,
> especially for potential new users such as students. That is totally
> wrong and it is something that we must solve as community.

It's All Relative as Einstein told us ;)
If you compare the PostgreSQL installation with oracle's you discover
that PostgreSQL is very simple ^_^

SNIP

> Tonight, Federico is going to start the Road To PGDay initiative in
> Prato (we invite other members all over the world to dedicate one
> event to PG promotion) and we have 25 subscribers! It's a great
> result, if you think that it is an after-dinner event - even though it
> is free.

I'm happily surprised about the results of PLUG's road2pgday.
I'll try to do my best as PostgreSQL evangelist tonight :)

After the road2pgday I'll upload the  video of my talk on youtube.

Regards
Federico

--
Federico Campoli is: