Re: Argentina Press Contact

From: "Santiago Zarate" <santiago(at)zarate(dot)net(dot)ve>
To: "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Guido Barosio" <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL Advocacy" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, dandelion(at)cantv(dot)net, ve(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Argentina Press Contact
Date: 2008-11-26 23:44:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
2008/11/27 David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 02:21:45PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Alvaro,
>>
>>> This is why it's a bad idea to let individuals hold the rights to
>>> the domains.  They disappear or go nuts, and the community is
>>> screwed.
>>
>> Given that we don't have a spanish-speaking non-profit, where would
>> they  donated the domains?
>>
>>> I hereby propose we add Guido and Santiago as contacts for AR and
>>> VE respectively (after all, an alias can be used for more than one
>>> person, right?)
>>
>> Have *you* tried contacting Cesar or Cristian?  I'm not going to
>> change  things on people who have translated press releases for me
>> for five  years without talking to them first.  It's just polite.

if you're talking to me... Well... i tried some time ago to contact
Cesar, but he didnt answer, and also the ve(at)poostgresql(dot)org mailbox
was full last time i checked... tho i understand your point, and makes
sense double checking this

> As I did at the very delightful PgDay.AR, I propose that we add people
> to those press contacts rather than replacing, and monitor who
> actually does stuff, for some pre-defined targets of "does stuff."

+1 in fact, i guess this should be done for each press contact... so
we have a failback person...

>> So I'll move on this after I get back from American Thanksgiving, since
>> right now I'm limited to dial-up internet and it's kind of slow.

i'm not hurry :p

See ya...