Re: No history in psql

From: Jan Josefowicz <jj(at)system-j(dot)de>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: No history in psql
Date: 2002-01-19 19:49:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Tom Lane wrote:

> Jan <jj(at)system-j(dot)de> writes:
>> the *.h and *.a files has been recognized, but I can not get the command
>> line history in psql yet. Now I get following output from the configure
>> script:
>> checking for library containing using_history... none required.
>
> This is not a problem; I get the same thing.
>
> Have you actually tried the resulting program to see if it works?
>
> regards, tom lane

yes, of course.
I have done following steps (many times):
1. close psql (\q)
2. stopping postmaster (Ctrl+c)
3. reinstalling PostgreSQL completely (rm config.cache, ./configure, make,
make install(as root))
4. I have checked the timestamps of the new created files in
/usr/local/pgsql; they were correct.
5. starting postmaster
6. starting psql

Regards, J.Josefowicz