Re: psqlodbc-08_00_0101 does not work with Ms Access

From: Christof Thalhofer <devnull(at)deganius(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlodbc-08_00_0101 does not work with Ms Access
Date: 2005-07-24 21:28:11
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi Zlatko,

thank you for your reply.

>  I'm not an expert, but I experienced the same troubles with MS
> Access/Postgres in the past, so I think I can help you.
> I also experienced the trouble with deinstalation of ODBC driver
> 08_00_0101 and thought that previous versions of drivers are better...
> Well, it is not true! You will experience the same  "#Deleted" with
> older versions of ODBC driver, just leave Access connected to Postgres
> for two hours...

we have a couple of Access-Applications running against a 8.03 Postgresql-
DB. With the old ODBC driver they stay connected the whole day long without
any problems. We also use in some tables varchar(x) primary keys and in
some other tables primary keys combined of several columns. Without any
problems for years and with Postgresql 8.xx for months now!

So I stay with my opinion: there are problems with the newer 8.. ODBC
drivers and Access, which do not occur in older versions, as I described in
my former posting.

Alles Gute,

Christof
(Fr Mail "devnull" in meinen Vornamen ndern.)

--
oans zwoa drei fia
#/&wrxfs$%pff3rx4656tspf&x=#%xkro&(w53x4bl=h)$%