Re: Where is Postgesql ? - MYSQL SURPRISES WITH MAXDB /

From: Randolf Richardson <rr(at)8x(dot)ca>
To: "pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)pgsql-general"(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Where is Postgesql ? - MYSQL SURPRISES WITH MAXDB /
Date: 2003-11-25 05:57:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-general
>> Aside from that, I don't see how the individual actions of one
>> organization that has been charging for open source software can
>> possibly reflect on all those projects which are totally free
>
> It most certainly would, in InfoWeek, and other such "sources of
> journalism" which happen to get read by a whole lot of Pointy-Haired
> Boss types.
>
> The point isn't of how YOU see it, but rather of how it would be seen
> by the people that make budget decisions based only on a minimal
> understanding of technical matters and a liberal dose of whatever they
> see in Gartner reports and other weekly 'rags.'  For better or worse,
> that perspective has a good deal of influence.

    	So, in other words, the human race hasn't actually evolved beyond the
generalized prejudices to the point of being destructive?  Oh wait, I see
your point now that I consider who's in power at the White House.

--
Randolf Richardson - rr(at)8x(dot)ca
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Please do not eMail me directly when responding
to my postings in the newsgroups.