Ambiguous error on view

From: "Toff" <kristoff(dot)six(at)telenet(dot)be>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Ambiguous error on view
Date: 2005-09-19 10:18:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello!

I want to create a view of a table that is in several schema's.

The table is
CREATE TABLE "operator"
(
"operatorid" INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,
"accountid" INTEGER REFERENCES "account"("accountid"),
"name" VARCHAR (40),
"active" BOOLEAN,
);

The schema's are "acc1", "acc2", ......

The view........
CREATE VIEW allops AS
SELECT operatorid, accountid, name
FROM acc1.operator, acc2.operator
WHERE active = true;

But I get the "ERROR: column reference "operatorid" is ambiguous"
If I remove "operatorid", or "accountid" in the view, the errortype is the
same.

What is the ambiguous thing about this? And how to solve it?
On the internet I found some posts with the same issue, but no direct
answers.

Thanks,

Kristoff