RE: [HACKERS] LIBPQ for WIN32

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)edu(dot)sollentuna(dot)se>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] LIBPQ for WIN32
Date: 1998-09-29 00:28:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 28-Sep-98 Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
> I think that current DLL supports version 1.0,1.1,2.0,2.1 and 2.2 and we
> can
> specify any version from 1.0 to 2.2 .
> For example,if we call WSAStartup(MAKEWORD(1.0),&wsaData) from libpq
> and call WSAStartup(MAKEWORD(2,2),&wsaData) from psql,both return OK
> and wsaData.wVersion is 1.0 for libpq and 2.2 for psql.

Whichever is done, try not to ever request a version higher than what is
required. It forces upgrades that may not even be necessary. It's been
awhile since I've done windows code, but I've been bitten by requiring a
higher version of a library than necessary - more than once without even
realising it. It's not very fun when it comes time to fix it.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Searchable Campground Listings http://www.camping-usa.com
"There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
than the federal government" -- Tony Snow