LibPQ Notice

From: Dirk Elmendorf <delmendo(at)cymitar(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: LibPQ Notice
Date: 1998-08-13 03:41:17
Lists: pgsql-general
I have a program which opens two connections to two different databases.
After issuing a few commands to the second database I this get in the trace log:

To backend> QSELECT oid FROM order_table WHERE customer_number=936 ;
>From backend> N
>From backend> "NOTICE:  SIMarkEntryData: cache state reset

Then I get a SIGPIPE on the first database which courrpts my connection. The funny thing i
s that PQstatus still says I have a good connection.The second database continues plugging
 along.  I cannot seem to figure out how to stop this - if I re-issuse all the SQL in psql
 each command works like a charm - but when I do it through libpq I can not seem to escape
 the problem - Has anyone else run into this problem? Can anyone explain what this Notice
means?  I tried to search through the Mailing lists  but that feature isn't up at postgres
ql.org any more :( Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running 6.3.2 on RH 4.2
Dirk Elmendorf, VP/Development           Main: 210-892-4000
Cymitar Technology Group, Inc.         Direct: 210-892-4005
Lorene Office Plaza                       Fax: 210-892-4329
9828 Lorene Lane                   <http://www.cymitar.com>
San Antonio, TX 78216-4450           <delmendo(at)cymitar(dot)com>

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: alfio su allnetDate: 1998-08-13 07:48:27