problem with 6.3

From: Steve Tarkalson <Steve_Tarkalson(at)atlas(dot)com>
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: problem with 6.3
Date: 1998-03-31 03:02:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi,
  I am experiencing a problem with my server application
after upgrading from v6.2 to v6.3 and hope that you may
have some insight. The problem is that after several
thousand database transactions the postgres backend returns
the error "palloc failed - out of memory". The server app
maintains it's connection to the same postgres backend
throughout.

  I notice a tremendous amount of image growth in the
postgres backend(8K per 10 trans). None of the application
code has changed, only the upgrade to v6.3 of postgres.

  Is memory leakage a known problem in v6.3? If so, has it
been addressed in v6.31?

I appreciate any information you can give me.
thanks,
-steve