Re: ConnectionPoolDataSource submittal

From: Ned Wolpert <ned(dot)wolpert(at)knowledgenet(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: psql-jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>, Ned Wolpert <wolpert(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: ConnectionPoolDataSource submittal
Date: 2001-12-03 17:05:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Whoops. Sorry about that. I accidently resent my original message. (Didn't
mean to spam the list.)

I have a new update to my classes that I'll send in after 7.2 is released.
If you want, I can send in my new changes this week instead, though. My
changes include
1) Renamding psqlProps.properties to pgDriver.properties
2) Wrapping each statement so that the driver can catch their errors so
3) Connections are removed in case of error
4) Alittle better pooling
5) Moved exception names into the errors.properties file

So don't hold on to those classes I sent. Wait for my new ones.

Thanks.

On 03-Dec-2001 Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I will save this for 7.3:
>
> http://216.55.132.35/cgi-bin/pgpatches2

>> Folks-
>>
>> I finished an implementation of the ConnectionPoolDataSource that is
>> functional. I've included in this email the relavant code (tar, gziped):
>>
>> org/postgresql/PostgresqlConnectionPoolDataSource.java
>> org/postgresql/psqlProps.properties
>> org/postgresql/util/DefaultProperties.java
>> org/postgresql/jdbc2/PostgresqlPooledConnection.java
>>
>> (What is the normal way to send in new files for the driver? Is attachment
>> prefered?) They are also on my website at
>> http://members.home.net/wolpert5/code/
>> as well. The only additions left to make is
>>
>> 1) Cleaning thread to close unused connections
>> 2) Wrap objects returned by the connection so errors are caught on that
>> level too.
>> 3) Move all exceptions to throw PSQLException rather than SQLException.
>> (So they'll use the errors.properties file instead of being hard
>> coded.)
>>
>> I'll do these if people like the code I've submitted. The code should
>> function properly, and is fully commented in the relavent areas. The
>> DefaultProperties.java class I submited has also been updated; it nolonger
>>
>> throws exceptions due to read errors, and does not synchronize access to
>> itself. Please comment on my submittial, and if I'm going about my
>> updates
>> correctly. (And if you have improvements for my code. :-)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> =====
>> Virtually, | "Must you shout too?"
>> Ned Wolpert | -Dante
>> wolpert(at)yahoo(dot)com |
>> _________________/ "Who watches the watchmen?"

Virtually,
Ned Wolpert <ned(dot)wolpert(at)knowledgenet(dot)com>

D08C2F45: 28E7 56CB 58AC C622 5A51 3C42 8B2B 2739 D08C 2F45