Compiling C Language Functions On WinNT

From: Craig Orsinger <orsingerc(at)epg-gw1(dot)lewis(dot)army(dot)mil>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Compiling C Language Functions On WinNT
Date: 2000-02-03 01:28:07
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I've been trying to port a PostgreSQL database that uses
C language functions (for special data types and other things) to
Windows NT. I've got the Cygwin version 6.5.3 PostgreSQL installed,
and am now trying to figure out how to install these C functions.
Has anyone succeeded in doing this already? If you have, could you
please pass on how you did it, using either VC++ or the Cygwin GNU
environment.

In case anyone wonders what I'm referring to here, it's
best illustrated by this bit of PostgreSQL SQL:

-- unixtime.xql - how to add SQL function 'unixtime()' to your
-- PostgreSQL database.

CREATE FUNCTION unixtime()
RETURNS int4
AS '/opt/postgres/lib/unixtime.so'
LANGUAGE 'c' ;

It's making that "unixtime.so" file that I'm stuck on at
the moment. It works fine on Linux and HPUX systems, but I haven't
figured out how to compile it on NT. Any help would be appreciated,
and would undoubtedly save me a good deal of time.

Date: 02-Feb-00 Time: 17:10:50

Craig Orsinger (email: <orsingerc(at)epg-gw1(dot)lewis(dot)army(dot)mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28 "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA 98433 - The Doctor