Problem with numeric and Ms Access

From: Stefano Garavaglia <alter(dot)ego(at)iol(dot)it>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Problem with numeric and Ms Access
Date: 2000-01-27 10:03:01
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm having some problem using postgresql-6.5.3 under linux and
connecting to the database with access on numeric fields.
(using latesest Postgresql odbc driver, .0007)

I don't know if this problem is related to odbc or locale settigs..

When I use the table, Access tell me the numeric filed is a Text
type, but anyway I can retrieve data.

The problem is whan I try to do calculations or assignment: with my
locale setting under windows the decimal point is a comma, so Access
try to insert values like 1234,66 and postgres complains about this
not being a valid numeric representation.

I tried also to set the correct locale under linux, setting LC_*
variables, but it didn't help with using comma instead of point:
pgsql still displays and accept only values like 1234.66

I'm using RedHat 6.1 and postgresql-6.5.3-3 rpms from postgresql.org.

Btw, float are working as expected.

There is a way of telling access "numeric" column is a numeric type?
Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Ciao,
Stefano
| Stefano Garavaglia | alter(dot)ego(at)iol(dot)it ICQ #14209561 |
| Milano - Italy | http://users.iol.it/alter.ego |