Re: WinCVS...uuurggh

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql(at)timfinch(dot)cix(dot)co(dot)uk,Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: WinCVS...uuurggh
Date: 2002-03-14 19:22:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi Tim,

You can't see what's on the server in WinCVS easily (if at all). I use http://cvs.pgadmin.org/ for that.

To update your local copy, right click the file or folder to update, and select Update from the popup menu. Checkout will get you a whole copy as you found.

Another hint, when you commit files, check all the messages in case you get a failure. You may need to update first which will try to auto-merge the changes on the server with your changes - if that fails, it saves both copies for you to manually merge (it puts markers where the problems are). Then commit again...

Regards,

Dave.