Re: Help for MSSQL "Compute" equivalent in Postgres

From: "Manfred Koroschetz" <mkoroschetz(at)tekvoice(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice-owner+M9926=mkoroschetz=rkmus(dot)com(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help for MSSQL "Compute" equivalent in Postgres
Date: 2004-04-06 18:37:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

The Compute by clause of MSSQL basically allows you to get a running
total at the bottom (end) of the report.
In a way it is similar then using ".. group by .." with aggregate
functions (sum) but in this case I am not trying to "... group by .."
does not make sense in the context of the query, just want to get a
summary (sum and count) of some columns at the end of the record.

Thanks in advance,

Manfred Koroschetz
mkoroschetz(at)tekvoice(dot)com