Re: patch: ResultSetTest.java

From: kgeis(at)speakeasy(dot)net
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Oliver Jowett" <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Subject: Re: patch: ResultSetTest.java
Date: 2005-10-25 15:06:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> Oliver Jowett write:
> kgeis(at)speakeasy(dot)net wrote:
> > Here are a couple of problems I ran across in ResultSetTest.
>
> Uh, what are the failures you see?

Uh, doesn't it matter that the tests are wrong? :)

It may help to explain that these issues are coming up as I implement binary data transfer in the JDBC driver. It's been two years since it's been available as a feature in the database and I couldn't wait for the feature to show up in the JDBC driver. The team may not like my implementation, but the world needs to know what it's missing (I got 100% speedup in a silly little benchmark.)

Anyway, here are the failures:

[junit] Testcase: testMaxFieldSize(org.postgresql.test.jdbc2.ResultSetTest):
FAILED
[junit] expected:<12345> but was:< 09>
[junit] junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: expected:<12345> but was:< 09>

[junit] Testcase: testRowResultPositioning(org.postgresql.test.jdbc2.ResultS
etTest): Caused an ERROR
[junit] ERROR: no binary output function available for type aclitem
[junit] Location: File: arrayfuncs.c, Routine: array_send, Line: 1384
[junit] Server SQLState: 42883