From: "paul butler" <polb(at)cableinet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: triggers
Date: 2002-04-22 07:26:34
Lists: pgsql-novice
Dear list,
Just starting out with postgresql, I've got a 18 table db listing info
on organisations and on the main organisation table I've got an
update column (timestamp), to keep a record of the last time
information was updated for each organisation.
Obviously I can do it on the client app, but I think table /row
triggers might be a better solution
is there a straight forward way of, on updating any of the
organisation tables I can update the update column for that

eg On update orgsubtable wher orgId = X
	trigger update orgMainTable.timestamp Values(now()) where
orgId = X

Paul Butler

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: paul butlerDate: 2002-04-22 07:30:31
Previous:From: Mathieu ArnoldDate: 2002-04-22 06:29:57
Subject: Re: [NOVICE] Hardware needed for 15,000,000 record DB?