Re: contrib/dbase

From: Maarten(dot)Boekhold(at)reuters(dot)com
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: contrib/dbase
Date: 2001-12-31 11:56:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On 12/22/2001 12:50:08 AM Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Who contributed it? Did Maarten Boekhold? I would like to merge my
data
> > type and table prefix code into the main tree, if this is where it
will
> > now be officially maintained.
>
> contrib/README shows:
>
>       dbase -
>               Converts from dbase/xbase to PostgreSQL
>               by Ivan Baldo, lubaldo(at)adinet(dot)com(dot)uy

Hmmm, this was most certainly originally written by me, with (according to
the README) later updates from Frank Koormann (fkoorman(at)usf(dot)uni-osnabrueck(dot)de) (dbf.c). Not to be picky, but listing Ivan as the (only) author doesn't
sound right to me. Some of the files have funny CVS history entries, i.e.
references to WAL locking code?!?

I've also got a version on my own systems that *appears* to be newer,
supposedly with bug fixes and added features. I'll have to verify that
though.

btw. there's a listing of my email address in dbf.h that doesn't exist
anymore. Can somebody update it to read maarten(dot)boekhold(at)reuters(dot)com?

Maarten

----

Maarten Boekhold, maarten(dot)boekhold(at)reuters(dot)com

Reuters Consulting / TIBCO Finance Technology Inc.
Dubai Media City
Building 1, 5th Floor
PO Box 1426
Dubai, United Arab Emirates