Re: OOM on large SELECT

From: Angelo Nicolosi <amenuor(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: OOM on large SELECT
Date: 2009-09-16 15:47:14
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

It's possible that the problem is in my C code but every time that I'm allocating memory, using always the palloc() function, I'm always calling the pfree().There is some way to analyze the code meanwhile is working inside the Postgre server (something like valgrind)?However the command free -m on my machine outputs:
total used free shared buffers cachedMem: 2010 664 1345 0 157 383-/+ buffers/cache: 123 1886Swap: 16386 41 16345
I think that the swap is enough.Could you give me some tips about how can I see where is the problem?Thank you for your help!
Cheers,Angelo.