Re: [INTERFACES] Interfacing with MS Access

From: Sergio <ser(at)perio(dot)unlp(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: "Sergio O(dot) Garza" <kssog00(at)sunlib(dot)tamuk(dot)edu>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Interfacing with MS Access
Date: 1999-03-25 18:53:04
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

"Sergio O. Garza" <kssog00(at)sunlib(dot)tamuk(dot)edu> el día Thu, 25 Mar 1999
09:28:21 -0600, escribió:

>I have installed postgresql-6.4.2 with ODBC support on my redhat linux
>server but most people around here use MS Access as their database. I
>have installed libiodbc-2.50 and downloaded the psqlODBC driver for my
>windows machines.
>There is now an odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini in my /etc directory.
>
>How do I make this connection?
>Which of these two files do I use?

you don't need Odbc in the linux box, only postgresql-clients

in the windows machine you must install the odbc driver, setup
it (control-panel->odbc) and voilé.

Also make sure Postgres is listening network connections (-i parameter)
and that your win machine have rights to access Postgres (pg_hba.conf
in the linux box)

Sergio K. (not the original poster :)