Re: Archives too slow

From: "John Hansen" <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "'Marc G(dot) Fournier'" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "'Oleg Bartunov'" <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>,"'Greg Sabino Mullane'" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>,<pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Archives too slow
Date: 2004-08-31 22:32:06
Lists: pgsql-www

> > They define cloaking as presenting different content to
> search engines
> > as to what regular visitors see.
>
> Guess they don't check often then since we've been doing it
> for months now
> :)

Yea, I think tho, that it's meant as a way to discourage so-called SEO's from creating pages whose sole purpose is to skew the
ranking.

One could for example just join all these offers of link exchanges one gets, and just not show them to the search engines. That
would improve your own ranking in a positive way, hehe.

... John

Btw, marc, could you tar.bz2 up the archives for me,... I'm moving machines and will need to recrawl all of it.