Re: Unixware 714 pthreads

From: ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unixware 714 pthreads
Date: 2004-10-29 12:38:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:58:56 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
> To: ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr
> Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Unixware 714 pthreads
>
> ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr wrote:
> > I agree with all that you say Tom, I'm just asking for some help to debug
> > this, Now that Larry is a litle off the list, I'm feeling really lonely on
> > UW.
> > SCO won't do anything until I come up with a test program that fails. All
> > my tries did work until then.
> >
> > I use other threaded progs like postfix or bind that nether fail.
> >
> > I'm really at lost. Would you/someone help me?
>
> The problem is that we are then spending our time debugging Unixware
> problems rather than focusing on our database software. I think this is
> why few have offered assistance.

I understand your concerns, OTOH you all spend quite a lot of time
debugging windows...

Anyway, the little program attached does more or less what postgresql does
in term of sigaction and setitimer (Yes, unixware DOES have posix signals)
and works like a charm wether compiled with or without pthreads.

Regards
--
Olivier PRENANT Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
6, Chemin d'Harraud Turrou +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)

Attachment Content-Type Size
test.c text/plain 2.1 KB