Re: clarification of timestamp

From: Olivier PRENANT <ohp(at)pyrenet(dot)fr>
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers list <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: clarification of timestamp
Date: 2002-04-29 16:46:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

High Thomas!

Thanks for your reply.

The columns in question are radius start and end of a connection of a
custommer.

Now, it's perfectly valid that start and stop cross a DST bondary in that
case, the duration computed as (stop-start) maybe false.

What do you think?

I'm perfectly OK with leaving time sones on but the table is growing and I
need dates indexes for my statistics.

Hope I made my self clear (i.d pardon my english)

Regards,

--
Olivier PRENANT Tel: +33-5-61-50-97-00 (Work)
Quartier d'Harraud Turrou +33-5-61-50-97-01 (Fax)