Re: Talking about Solaris 7

From: Alexander Klimov <ask(at)wisdom(dot)weizmann(dot)ac(dot)il>
To: "Martin A(dot) Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Talking about Solaris 7
Date: 2001-01-29 13:57:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Martin A. Marques wrote:

> El Lun 29 Ene 2001 07:57, Alexander Klimov escribiС:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I had the same problem and sent bug report to openssl-users(at)openssl(dot)org
> > some time ago (20 Sep 2000), so, hopefully, they will fix it eventualy.
> >
> > There is a workaround for it. The comment in ssl/include/openssl/des.h
> > said: `You should not use this function except to implement 'modes' of
> > DES.', so you can just comment out declaration of des_encrypt (line 150)
> > without any problem.
>
> Now, why are the definitions so different?
>
> /usr/include/crypt.h:23 (I guess this is Solaris crypt header)
>
> extern void des_encrypt(char *, int);
>
> and /usr/local/ssl/include/openssl/des.h:150 (this is from openssl)
>
> void des_encrypt(DES_LONG *data,des_key_schedule ks, int enc);
>
> I may be wrong, but why are the two functions decrared with different
> arguments?

It is just two different functions: one from ssl and one from solaris. You
are not going to use either of them (postgress could not use solarise's
version because it propriate to solaris, and could not use ssl's because
it is internal to ssl). The situation just semi-bug of ssl & solaris they
have name clash.

Regards,
ASK