Re: [GENERAL] Recalling previous commands at the PSQL prompt

From: Maarten Boekhold <maartenb(at)dutepp0(dot)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: "Gnoh, Chee Seng" <csgnoh(at)intergraph(dot)com(dot)sg>
Cc: "PGSQL-General (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Recalling previous commands at the PSQL prompt
Date: 1998-07-20 07:07:34
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Gnoh, Chee Seng wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am new to PostgreSQL. I was wondering if there is a way to recall
> previous commands at the PSQL prompt, this would save me the hassle of
> typing the same SQL commands again. Thanks in advance.

Use the up-arrow. If that doesn't work, you probably haven't got
libreadline/libhistory installed, or they are installed in an unusual
place where configure couldn't find them.

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems |
| Department of Electrical Engineering |
| Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section |
| M(dot)Boekhold(at)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl |