still having installing problems

From: "Stephen M(dot) Ford" <sford(at)Eng(dot)Auburn(dot)EDU>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: still having installing problems
Date: 2001-04-26 15:06:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm still failing my test program part of configure. I took Tom Lane's suggestion of redirecting error messages to standard out instead of /dev/null. I've worked through a few problems but am stuck on one. Has anyone a solution to the error at the bottom of this message? libreadline.so.4 is a binary and someone else did the install of gnu. I'm on an ultra-enterprise running solaris5.6

Thanks,
Stephen

relocation error: file /opt/gnu/lib/libreadline.so.4: symbol __register_frame_info: referenced symbol not found