ORDER clause

From: Margarita Barvinok <brita(at)umich(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ORDER clause
Date: 2000-04-11 15:59:23
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

I don't understand why I can't do 'search' in mailing lists.
I always get the answer "Sorry, but search returned no results."
I searched for such simple keys like: sql, order, key, etc. No answer.
What is wrong?

By the way, I am looking for a answer on the following question.
I would like to use two fields in ORDER clause:

select last, first, interest, comments
from phonebook
where status = 'staff'
order by last, interest;

Field "interest" is just ignored.

Thank you,
-Rita

Margarita Barvinok University of Michigan
System Administrator II Department of Biology
brita(at)umich(dot)edu