Select/insert with C-type arrays

From: Ravi Mukkamala <mukka(at)cs(dot)odu(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Select/insert with C-type arrays
Date: 1999-07-23 20:15:08
Lists: pgsql-sql
Hello:
     I am a new comer to this list. So excuse me if this question
     was resolved already before.

     My question:
     In earlier versions that we used (Version 6.3), we could not use
the select and insert operations with vectors (or arrays).
Do the select/insert in the new version support arrays/vectors?

In other words, if I have a C-style array aand just pass a
pointer and the length, will the select/insert read or write
the entire vector from/to the database.

I really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks a lot
Ravi M

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Ravi MukkamalaDate: 1999-07-23 20:43:23