PPC compile, one error: typeidTypeRelid

From: "P(dot) Barrette" <barretp(at)mcmail(dot)cis(dot)McMaster(dot)CA>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PPC compile, one error: typeidTypeRelid
Date: 1999-03-06 02:42:11
Lists: pgsql-ports
Postgres version = 6.4.2
OS = LinuxPPC (based on RH 5.0) kernel 2.2.2
Harware: Macintosh 7200/120 40Ram, 1.2 G HD.

I compiled the source with no options. I ran the regression test, which
produced many
errors.  There is one significant error:

 ERROR:  typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0

I cannot remove database, or rerun the regression since this error pops
up.  In psql I cannot get much database info, e.g.:

 paul=> \d*

Database    = paul
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+
 |  Owner           |             Relation             |   Type   |
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+
 | paul             | quest                            | table    |
 | paul             | traj                             | table    |
 +------------------+----------------------------------+----------+
ERROR:  typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0
ERROR:  typeidTypeRelid: Invalid type - oid = 0

Apart from this error it runs smoothly, far better than the precompiled
rpm at linuxppc.org.

I am not sure how to get around this error, is it a compile time error?
I have included a copy of my original regression.diffs.

Thank you.
--------
Paul Barrette
Ph.D. Candidate Classics (Latin Literature)
System Administrator
McMaster University

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Unprivileged userDate: 1999-03-07 00:10:46