Re: pg_pconnect - ??

From: Chadwick Rolfs <cmr(at)shell(dot)gis(dot)net>
To: Chris Ruprecht <chrup999(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: PostGreSQL PHP Group <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_pconnect - ??
Date: 2002-01-28 21:07:17
Lists: pgsql-php

Sorry, I guess you can disregard most of my reply:)

But a functiont that checks for connections and makes on only if one isn't
already there is still good idea, if you are making many queries in a
small amount of time.

Are you making many queries at once, or the same one many times, or
different ones quickly?