dbcorruption

From: Radhesh Mohandas <rod(at)arl(dot)wustl(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dbcorruption
Date: 2000-02-04 19:24:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs
                        POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name		:	Radhesh Mohandas
Your email address	:	rod(at)arl(dot)wustl(dot)edu

System Configuration
---------------------
  Architecture (example: Intel Pentium)  	: sparc

  Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF) 	: solaris

  PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.5.3):   PostgreSQL-6.5.3

  Compiler used (example:  gcc 2.8.0)		: gcc 2.95

This is a follow up of the bug report on db correction by me
Bug -Digest - Volume 01 - number 581

I have been able to clearly repoduce the problem in a easier way

Please describe a way to repeat the problem.   Please try to provide a
using psql if we execute the following queries then the database is corrupted

1. Create Sequence s;
2. Begin;
3. Drop Sequence s;
4. Abort;

Now the sequence s is corrupted and I can neither view it, destroy it or
recreate it.The same problem occurs if you create a table or anything else
instead of a sequence.
The only way that I can get around this problem is by recreating the entire
database.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

I don't know if there is any programming hack to get around this or escape
recreating the entire database. If any of you know something about it, I would
appreciate it if you could mail me the temporary hack till this bug is fixed

Radhesh Mohandas

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: hellointDate: 2000-02-07 11:26:26