dbcorruption

From: Radhesh Mohandas <rod(at)arl(dot)wustl(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dbcorruption
Date: 2000-02-04 19:24:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : Radhesh Mohandas
Your email address : rod(at)arl(dot)wustl(dot)edu

System Configuration
---------------------
Architecture (example: Intel Pentium) : sparc

Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF) : solaris

PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-6.5.3): PostgreSQL-6.5.3

Compiler used (example: gcc 2.8.0) : gcc 2.95

This is a follow up of the bug report on db correction by me
Bug -Digest - Volume 01 - number 581

I have been able to clearly repoduce the problem in a easier way

Please describe a way to repeat the problem. Please try to provide a
using psql if we execute the following queries then the database is corrupted

1. Create Sequence s;
2. Begin;
3. Drop Sequence s;
4. Abort;

Now the sequence s is corrupted and I can neither view it, destroy it or
recreate it.The same problem occurs if you create a table or anything else
instead of a sequence.
The only way that I can get around this problem is by recreating the entire
database.

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below:

I don't know if there is any programming hack to get around this or escape
recreating the entire database. If any of you know something about it, I would
appreciate it if you could mail me the temporary hack till this bug is fixed

Radhesh Mohandas